Effective General Management
5 (five) days
DATES & VENUES
- 02 – 06 March 2014 in Dubai
- 28 April – 02 May 2014 in Bali
- 23 – 27 June 2014 in Bangkok
- 04 – 08 August 2014 in Bali
- 19 – 23 October 2014 in Dubai
- 10 – 14 November 2014 in Bangkok
- In Dubai : US$ 3250.- per person
- In Bali : US$ 2250.- per person
- In Bangkok : US$ 2250.- per person
- Amounts are net into our account
- Including a certificate, refreshments, lunch, stationery and writing instruments
Other Locations & Dates
Upon specific request for a minimum 10 participants.
PROGRAM DESCRIPTION & OBJECTIVES
The Effective General Management Program (EGMP) is designed for experienced functional managers who are about to assume a general management role or who have recently been promoted to this position. This 5 days’ program is delivered by most senior consultants & trainers, all with advanced level competency in general management and extensive hands-on experiences at top and senior management level.
The EGMP integrates the latest management thinking and practice to give participants a firm grounding in the essential skills and knowledge required for successful general management. Case study analysis and business simulation form the core of the program content, reinforced by practical tasks such as experiential activities and negotiation exercises. This EGMP has recently been adapted in line with participants’ feedbacks and the latest concept in general management.
- The concept of effective general management
- The job of a General Manager
- The profile of a competent General Manager
Strategic Management For General Managers
- Strategic management model
- Developing corporate vision, mission, core values
- Setting corporate strategic objectives
- Conducting external & internal situation analysis
- Pinpointing key success factors and SWOT
- Crafting corporate and business strategies
- Aligning strategy and organization culture
- Developing organization capable of strategy execution
- Preparing strategic- and operational plan of actions
- Preparing strategic- and operational budgets
- Case study
People Management & Leadership For General Managers
- Transitioning to a general management position
- Communicating, interacting, motivating, influencing
- Problem solving & decision making
- Selecting people
- Training & developing people
- Creating and leading high performance teams
- Managing conflicts
- Case study
Monitoring & Controlling For General Managers
- Financial analysis
- Measuring, monitoring and controlling corporate, business and unit performance
- Measuring, monitoring and controlling people performance
- Budget control
The methodology is based on experimental & interactive learning, i.e. participants will learn by doing. We will use short lectures, group discussions, individual & group exercises, short & comprehensive case studies.
The typical EGMP participant is at senior functional management level, has significant experience in management and is seeking to develop and sharpen the full range of personal and business skills required by general managers in a critical role.
Typical past participants’ job titles include: Directors, Vice Presidents, Division General Managers, Area General Managers, Department Manager, Regional Managers, Branch Managers, and Project Managers. All applicants are screened by the Course Leader.
Only those likely to benefit from the program and able to make a full contribution to the learning activities will be accepted. This application process enables us to ensure that all EGMP participants and their employing organizations derive the maximum benefit from the program.
Phone : +62 21 7456755
Fax : +62 21 7452049
Kindly complete and submit the form below.